The files are checked by FIPDes Secretary. Incomplete files, files sent after the deadline are eliminated.
All non-eligible candidates are informed immediately, provided with the reasons of their ineligibility, and have the possibility to appeal if they think an error has been made or an unfair bias against their application occured.
The FIPDes admission team pre-selects students that meet the following formal admission conditions:
- Background: BSc degree or equivalent degree of at least 180 ECTS or equivalent in food science and technology, biotechnology, process engineering, biochemistry or related fields with a number of prerequisites (e.g. chemistry, biotechnology, process technology/engineering, biochemistry, mathematics, statistics) representing at least three years of study from a foreign institute of higher education. Candidates should be interested in a truly international academic experience and aiming an international career.
- English language proficiency level ("B2 level" according to CEFR, advanced) demonstrated in one of the following ways:
- TOEFL at minimum level 575
- Internet-based TOEFL at minimum level 90
- IELTS at minimum level 6.5
- Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency
- Students with English as their mother tongue (the copy of passport is needed to prove this)
- Students who have completed a higher education degree with English as a medium of instruction (a certificate from the university is required to prove this)
- Stay of more than a year in an English-speaking country (a certificate from employer or other as applicable, or a copy of the passport page showing visa to enter and leave the English-speaking country, is needed to prove this)
- Exemptions can exceptionally be made for outstanding students with a lower English proficiency level
Students pre-selected after the admission step will be assessed by FIPDes Consortium based on the following qualitative selection criteria:
- List of subjects taken during the BSc level with grades obtained
- Educational background and potential, including the world ranking of the university graduating the student and the grade of qualification obtained
- Excellence criteria : experience in laboratory work and/or cooking; additional training/ courses/ workshops (which are not a part of a regular study programme); Participation in conferences and/or publishing of papers in peer reviewed scientific journals; international and work experience.
- Signed explanation of your own composition stating why you would like to attend the FIPDes Master programme and how this programme will help you in your work and career
- Geographical balance: The Consortium may choose between two equally excellent candidates the one who will favour the highest geographical balance.
The top candidates may be interviewed by FIPDes Consortium during the selection step. This will be a short interview (around 15 minutes), face-to-face (in person, by a software such as Skype or by a video-conference) about the motivation and the choice of the second year study track.
Please note that ONLY the top candidates will be interviewed, so you have to wait to be contacted by FIPDes for interview. Being interviewed does NOT mean that you will be selected.
When will I know if I am selected ?
All candidates are informed in April about the results of the selection process. All students will be informed of the results. There is no need to email FIPDes to ask for results before mid April.
This project has been funded with the support from the European Commission. This communication reflects only the views of the author, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.
- Updated February 2017 -